Release Notes 20.x
Attention: All Releases Before 20.2
Attention SSL-Problem: Our hoster (www.exept.de) has changed the SSL-policy, only allowing the newest SSL-encryption/chaining modes. The previous expecco releases are not able to download the fix for this problem automatically.
You have to download the patch:
using a web browser and install it with the "Extras" -> "Maintenance" -> "Install Patch from File" menu item.
Release 20.2 (Fall 2020)
- Feature: VisualWorks Automation support (preliminary)
- Feature: new Siemens S7 SPS and OPC-UA plugins
- Feature: Root-Cling bridged actions (preliminary)
- Feature: "Close Manual Test Wizard" in View menu
- Feature: Keyboard map in the settings dialog
- Feature: Dead Key support to input national characters on any keyboard
- Feature: Virtual Environments for Python actions
- Feature: execution time limit at action block
- Feature: Java Swing Library: Additional blocks for actions, that take and return element objects
- Improvement: better autolayout algorithm in compound action editor
- Improvement: more features in the physical values package
- UI Enhancement: Ctrl-N in diagram now allows selection of the type of action
- UI Enhancement: secondary project tree follows the diagram selection
- UI Enhancement: close bridge function in toolbar of some elementary block execution tabs
- UI Enhancement: help wizard resizable
- UI Enhancement: tabular presentation for CSV attachments
- Bugfix: Logger settings dialog (log also on Transcript was ignored)
- Bugfix: French, Italian and Spanish report printing
- Bugfix: layout of PDF report was clipping some headline text
- Bugfix: C-structure types failed to generate accessors for typedef'd types
Release 20.1 (Spring 2020)
- Feature: remote test execution from expecco ALM via WebSocket (expecco behind a proxy or NAT or similar connection is now able to communicate with expecco ALM in the cloud) see https://doc.expecco.de/wiki2.x/Anbindung_expecco_ALM for further information
- Feature: improved support for external Editors
- Feature: AppleScript support (OSX only)
- Feature: "Include Operation Menu Items" from imported libraries.
- Feature: improved IronPython support.
- Feature: dual Shell/Batch actions (see choice "ShellOrBatchScript" in the language pulldown list of a batch/shell action)
- Feature: "Do Not Log Pin Value" feature also for input pins.
- Feature: "Do Not Log Pin Value" now a sticky attribute of the value (i.e. if not logged at output pin, it will also not be logged by receiving inputs)
- Feature: "Do Not Log Pin Value" can be globally disabled while debugging tests (settings - log)
- Feature: support Octave language (a Matlab compatible programming language)
- Feature: Qt Inject for Linux
- Feature: Generate CmdLine File for Java 11 et sqq.
- Feature: Mobile Testing Library: blocks for actions on elements take both a path and a resolved WebElement
- UI Enhancement: paste or replace selection when dragging a pin into a codeView (when pins are shown)
- UI Enhancement: improved Windows-GUI connect dialog
- UI Enhancement: improved multi-pin-connect behavior
- UI Enhancement: visited block history is kept after reimport of a librarary
- UI Enhancement: invisible elements shown grey in the GUIBrowser (JavaSwing and others)
- Bugfix: skipped testplan items do not mark testplan as failed after execution
- Bugfix: environment variables which are referenced by skipped testplan items are found when searching for variable references
- Bugfix: Qt-ExpeccoTestService