Release Notes 19.x
From expecco Wiki (Version 2.x)
Release 19.2 (June 2019)
- STD-LIB: Additional Count/Search/Select and Collect actions (which take another action as match-function)
- Feature: freeze values are now expanded with variable- and inputPin values by default. The old behavior can be configured via the freeze-value menu.
WARNING: this may lead to possible incompatibilities with older suites. This expansion feature can be globally disabled via a flag in the project-flag settings page. Use the search function "Search for expanded Freeze Values" to check for freeze values which may possibly be expanded (i.e. which contain "$(...)"patterns.
- Feature: Datatype of a step's output pin can be changed iff the corresponding action pin has an abstract type.
- Feature: Inspector shows JSON encoding if possible
- Feature: new environment-variable initialization mode: "Constant - Not Expanded"
- Bugfix: Some datatype elements prevented import-library unloading (due to false-positive reference finding). This only happened with types referring to a builtin type (eg. "Image"-type)
Release 19.1 (June 2019)
- Bugfix: multiline strings where not allowed in environment variables
- Feature: CSV read actions allow for different number of columns per row
- Feature: new improved CSV reader to extract columns by name directly
- Feature: much improved NodeJS debugging support (breakpoint, single step, abort)
- Feature: bridged Python code execution
- Feature: empty test plans are treated like empty compounds w.r.t. error reporting (i.e. they report an error unless the "allow empty actions" execution setting is enabled).
- Feature: option (setting) to control if empty actions and empty test plans are to be reported as error or as inconclusive.
- Feature: search-option for invalid names in call-by-name statements
- Feature: automatic code rewrite when called actions are renamed
- Feature: Ministatus window and autohide during test execution
- Feature: optional autoresize when renaming steps
- Feature: new pin-menu functions to bulk-freeze all corresponding pins in the whole suite
- Feature: much improved Testsuite browser, which is now found in the "File"-Menu
- Feature: asynchronous event handling framework
- Feature: Java Plugin: improved support for applications using multiple Java technologies, especially providing access to the content of frames within a WebView context
- Feature: Java Plugin: element highlighting for JavaFX
- Feature: Java Plugin: default skip mode for Java Swing set to ALL_HYBRID to get new paths using all elements while providing backwards compatibility for old paths
- Feature: WindowsAutomation2 Plugin now supports Desktop-Mode in addition to Single-Application Mode
- Feature: WindowsAutomation2 Plugin: new Blocks in Library to start an application
- Feature: Selenium WebDriver Plugin: Recorder has scrollbars to indicate and change the position of the current view within the document
- Feature: SeleniumWebDriverLibrary: default click parameters from environment; new blocks e.g. 'Get in New Tab', 'Switch to Window by URL', 'Take Element Screenshot'
- Performance: Speed improvement in shrinkwrap library operation
- UI Enhancements
- UI Enhancement: CTRL-e shortcut to freeze a selected pin from environment variable
- UI Enhancement: CTRL-p shortcut to toggle a pin's isParameter behavior
- UI Enhancement: additional menu items for debugging, to control bridges and to install "npm" and "pip" packages
- STD-LIB: The Trigger and Stream-NextElement action blocks had wrong typed output pins. These now adapt to whatever they are connected to (template type)
- Misc: Webtest: larger collection of different WebDriver versions to support more browser versions (e.g. Chrome 62-74, Firefox 52 and higher); to support more recent versions, additional driver versions can be added by the user
- Misc: updates/changes to support Java 11.