OSX Specific Limitations/en
Because expecco is built as an XQuartz application (using the XWindow system), some minor differences and inconveniences in the user interface apply:
- no main menu
XQuartz will always show the standard XWindow menu in the top menu. Expecco windows will each show their own menu.
It is questionable, if this is a bad thing: your mouse will have to move shorter distances, so it may even be a plus, to have the menu near the view.
- (currently) no drag & drop of files and documents into and out of expecco into non-expecco windows.
- slightly different fonts are used (X uses the Xft font library)
- slightly different keyboard behavior.
- X uses and reserves the CMD-key for its own window functions. Therefore, all keyboard shortcuts are placed on CTRL-key combinations. This can be adjusted by changing the X keyboard map, which is not done by expecco (currently)
- no opening of "ets" documents by double click in the launcher